Pages

1.23.2007

Note to Richard Salzman

Update: 2/23/07 The deal is off, Richard. 419 reasons

I have received your request that I not publish your actual email addresses when I am posting your email communications. And I will honor your request. So, I am updating the posts that have your personal email address in them. This will result in them moving to the top of the RSS feed, a consequence you may not have envisioned. It is a tedious process and may take a few days. I cannot alter comments, and I cannot alter news articles that contain your address. I would remind you that some of these messages, such as the viral-email you sent out in conjunction with Paul Cienfuegos, are widely available to the spam crawlers on the web. perhaps you should consider getting Twombly to delete them for you.

I certainly don't want you to be personally inconvenienced by a little spam.

I do hope you will take a few moments and reflect upon the enormous inconvenience your actions have brought upon others. The people who have lost their jobs, and who have had to rip up their families and move to other areas, sell their homes, leave their friends. I hope you will think about the children suffering from abuse and molestation that are no longer receiving help and relief as a result of your actions. Whatever your reasons you have chosen to act as an apologist for Gallegos. And you have done more damage than you know. That's my opinion, but of course, you've been reading the blog and you already know that.

***
Thank you for amending my email on at least the one posting I had first been sent

I have taken a quick glance at your site and I see that there are I'm afraid other emails of mine that are still complete. I notice that in places you have changed other people's email to where is says : [name "at" something.com] and that should work fine as far as hiding the addresses from email seeking bots. It is possible that you can do large portions of text by simply copying it all into Word and doing a find and replace command to change all of the "@" to "at" ?

Just a suggestion. I'm sure you know better then I do how to fix this stuff.

I have not gone though much of your site, but it appears that you do have a lot of emails sent from me up, so I don't know exactly how many times you have my email addresses listed, but all of the suddenlink ones are of course pretty new. The older ones would most likely be my 'at inreach.com account or mailto:aeb@inreach.com>aeb@inreach.com, so even if you just do a find for those four (the fourth one being the suddenlink address) addresses to start with, that should get rid of most of them.

Nobody wants more spam.

***
Rose,
Please refrain from posting my (exact) email addresses on your bolg. Spamers harvest emails from blogs.
Thank you,
Richard

No comments: