2.26.2010

TS - Whitmill faces murder charge for alleged role in crash

Whitmill faces murder charge for alleged role in crash

Thadeus Greenson/The Times-Standard
Posted: 10/15/2008 01:21:20 AM PDT

Jason Bradley Whitmill faces a charge of first-degree murder for his alleged role in the car race on State Route 299 that resulted in the Oct. 6 crash that claimed the life of 9-year-old Nicole Quigley.
Whitmill, 31, pleaded not guilty to the murder charge at his arraignment Tuesday, and also entered not guilty pleas to charges of gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, driving under the influence causing injury, vehicular manslaughter and engaging in a speed contest.
The man Whitmill was allegedly racing with, Anthony Marques Flores, also appeared in court Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to charges of vehicular manslaughter, engaging in a speed contest and leaving the scene of an accident that caused serious injury.
Whitmill remains held on $1 million bail, while Flores remains held on $250,000 bail.
Public Defender Laura Cutler was assigned to represent Whitmill and Deputy Conflict Council Kaleb Cockrum was assigned to defend Flores, after both told the court they could not afford an attorney.
Cutler declined to comment on the case and Cockrum could not be reached by deadline.
Whitmill was allegedly driving a 2004 Pontiac Sunfire when he and Flores, who was driving a now infamous 1998 Mustang convertible, allegedly began racing, reportedly reaching speeds of more than 90 mph while barreling down State Route 299.
During the alleged race, Whitmill's Sunfire reportedly clipped a Chevrolet Tahoe that was driving the same direction,
Advertisement

and carrying Debra Quigley, her twin daughters and one of their friends. Assistant District Attorney Wes Keat said in an e-mail to the Times-Standard that he thinks the evidence will show that Whitmill tried to pass between the Mustang and the Tahoe at a high rate of speed and ended up colliding with them both.
The impact of the collision caused both the Sunfire and the Tahoe to veer from the road and down an embankment.
The Tahoe came to rest after slamming into a utility pole at an unknown rate of speed. Nine-year-old Nicole Quigley reportedly died instantly from the impact of the collision, and Debra Quigley reportedly suffered injuries to her torso and neck and was later flown to Rogue Valley Medical Center in Medford, Ore., for treatment.
Nicole Quigley's twin sister and the other passenger reportedly suffered minor injuries and walked away from the wreckage.
The accident reportedly left the Sunfire resting on its roof, and its passenger, 40-year-old Cheri Marcelli, of Willow Creek, with major injuries. She has since been released from Mad River Community Hospital. Whitmill reportedly escaped the crash uninjured, but was taken into custody at the scene on a parole hold.
Flores reportedly fled the scene of the accident, spawning a days-long search for him and his car, which he reportedly spray painted black after the accident. Flores was arrested Oct. 9, after local law enforcement received dozens of tips about the whereabouts of silver Mustangs all over the county. Flores' car was recovered a couple of days later.
Tuesday, members of the Quigley family and supporters were present for Flores' and Whitmill's arraignments.
Keat said the District Attorney's Office has been in contact with the family, and is attempting to help them understand the legal process that is now unfolding.
While elements of malice and planning are generally required for a first-degree murder charge, University of California Hastings School of Law professor David Levine said those elements aren't necessary for this charge, as Whitmill is alleged to have committed a separate felony, driving under the influence, that also led to Nicole Quigley's death.
”It's a rule of criminal law that if you commit 'felony A,' and in the course of committing 'felony A' a death takes place, even if you didn't intend for that death to take place, you can be charged with first-degree murder,” Levine said. “The commission of this separate felony DUI is what enables the prosecutor to charge murder. And, of course, that leaves tremendous leverage for a plea bargain. It's certainly legitimate (for the prosecutor) to charge up like that.”
Keat said, as a parent, he has a tremendous amount of empathy for what the Quigleys are going through right now.
”As a parent, you send your child out in the world, or in this case you're out there with them,” Keat said, his voice trailing off. “It's just unthinkable.”
Thadeus Greenson can be reached at 441-0509 or tgreenson@times-standard.com
****
From Comments:
So So Sad
Red Bluff, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#2Oct 15, 2008

Whitmill's lucky there is a DA in Humboldt that will fight for Justice.
I know do you know
Eureka, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#3Oct 15, 2008

So So Sad wrote:
Whitmill's lucky there is a DA in Humboldt that will fight for Justice.
It is so sad for the Quigley family let us all pray for them. But let us remember that there is no Justice in Humboldt County as long as Gallegos fueled By Dr Ken is in Office. Mark my word the p of s*** should be given the death penalty. He was allready out on parole from a previous Gallegos Plea Bargain. and Paully will give him another one. Si I know do you know>
Deserves what he Gets
Arcata, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#4Oct 15, 2008

I hope that justice is served. there is a cell with your name on it jason, and I hope Anthony has one waiting for him too.
I am sorry for the Quigley family. Saying Prayers for Nicole. May God Bless You.
Illegal means ILLEGAL
Santa Rosa, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#5Oct 15, 2008

Wes Keat is a good prosecutor. He will do this right!!!!!!!
Humb Raised
Burney, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#6Oct 15, 2008

Plea Bargains shouldn't even be on the table for slime like this, that's why he was back on the streets and a family lost their little girl. A girl who was on her was to being something and somebody unlike this slimeball who only belongs under a rock or behind bars. I hope the through the book at him and he never sees the light of day again, after that the other inmates will take care of a child killer because that's what he is now.
Change them both
Albany, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#7Oct 15, 2008

How can one plead not guilty to all the changes that each one of these guys are facing? Hello? They killed a very innocent little girl who had so much of her life left and injured her mother!!! What were they thinking when they stood up in court and pleaded not guilty, I would love to know. I wish they were required to go to Nicole's funeral, just maybe that would be a wake up call, but honestly not because they were dumb enough to street race in the first place! I hope both guys get what the maximum punishment!
Darwin
Sacramento, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#8Oct 15, 2008

I bet both say they were just speeding and trying to be first to the interchange and not "racing." Look at it from their point of view, they've got nothing to lose by pleading not guilty and they obviously don't care about anyone but themselves; otherwise, they wouldn't have been driving recklessly around other vehicles in the first place.
Disgruntled 2 Blue lake
Davis, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#9Oct 15, 2008

No killer is ever worth more than his crime....Take away his freedom and rights and lock him up n visits...nothing except guilt in a cell block.

as for flores. Spraypainting his car and avoiding the police. That guy is equally as guilty
just a thank you
Elk Grove, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#10Oct 15, 2008

To all the citizens that contacted the California Highway Patrol offering information that helped find this suspect. God bless the Quigley family-our thoughts are with you!
Karnac
United States
Reply »|Report Abuse|#11Oct 15, 2008

Karnac predicts another plea bargain and probation for this scum.
domino 21
Alameda, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#12Oct 15, 2008

As much as it may feel good, Mr. Whitmill did not commit murder. And charging him with murder cheapens the charge. He should certainly spend lots of time in jail.
Change them both
Albany, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#13Oct 15, 2008

domino 21 wrote:
As much as it may feel good, Mr. Whitmill did not commit murder. And charging him with murder cheapens the charge. He should certainly spend lots of time in jail.
Then what do you call it?
Darwin
Sacramento, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#14Oct 15, 2008

domino 21 wrote:
As much as it may feel good, Mr. Whitmill did not commit murder. And charging him with murder cheapens the charge. He should certainly spend lots of time in jail.
wrong.
Teri-Native to Arcata
Eureka, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#15Oct 15, 2008

I hope they throw the book at both of these worthless pieces of crap!!!!
bob
West Hollywood, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#16Oct 15, 2008

So the passenger that lied isn't facing charges? What do you think she should face since she didn't have physical control over the vehicles in question.
Darwin
Sacramento, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#17Oct 15, 2008

bob wrote:
So the passenger that lied isn't facing charges? What do you think she should face since she didn't have physical control over the vehicles in question.
what can they charge them with? obstruction of justice?
LOL
United States
Reply »|Report Abuse|#18Oct 15, 2008

bob wrote:
So the passenger that lied isn't facing charges? What do you think she should face since she didn't have physical control over the vehicles in question.
However it was her vehicle that she let the guy drive! At what point do you tell yourself that a stupid **** street race is not worth losing lives? Wait think really hard. A live was lost it is too late for Nicole but not for the future victims these idiots could claim!

Mad River
When is the rubber band justice in this County going to stop stretching for criminals and only snaps when an innocent person, in this case a nine year old child, is killed? Our District Attorney, the judges, the system, is horribly out of sync with society receiving both justice, and protection from the toxic human waste that is out free on the streets.

Investigate Gallegos Now
How many times does this guy have to screw up before the Attorney General investigates? Paul Gallegos is guilty of malpractice and malfeasance. Again, one of his screw-ups (Whitmill did 8 months when he could/should have done 7 years on that last beef) comes back to bite not him, but an innocent person. This time it was a poor, sweet little girl. Paulie will act like he is being tough on this one, to deflect people asking questions about the last one. God Bless the Quigley family.

no name
I know Whitmill, and he is someone who should NEVER been let out. He should be given the death penatly, he is a waste of air. Having two kids myself I can not even begin to imagine what the Quigley family is going through. I do know this terrible incident has made me spend more quality time with my children. My heart goes out to the Quigley family.
domino 21
Alameda, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#22Oct 16, 2008

This is a vehicular homicide not murder.
Darwin
Sacramento, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#23Oct 16, 2008

domino 21 wrote:
This is a vehicular homicide not murder.
the legal expert already explained it. you can disagree all you want, but it's a legally sound charge. he killed someone while commiting a felony. he was drunk and street racing and killed someone. are you friends with him or just another dirt bag street racer?
bob
West Hollywood, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#24Oct 16, 2008

I like Darwin's assumption that you have to know the perpetrator or be involved with street racing in order to question the charges laid against someone. I think it should be murder, but your response to domino 21 makes you look like a real presumptive bag of **** .
Darwin
Sacramento, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#25Oct 16, 2008

why go around and post it in every thread that mentions this case that it's not murder? the precedent has already been set, the legal aspect already clarified, what more does he need? he wasn't "questioning the charges," he's stating what they should be (incorrectly).

maybe he likes to drive drunk, who knows...
Darwin
Sacramento, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#26Oct 16, 2008

bob wrote:
I like Darwin's assumption that you have to know the perpetrator or be involved with street racing in order to question the charges laid against someone. I think it should be murder, but your response to domino 21 makes you look like a real presumptive bag of ****.
here's a quote of another nugget of his brilliance...

regarding the other driver:

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/eureka-time...
"I don't see vehicular manslaughter here. I see speeding and leaving the scene, although he had no reason to stop as the car that caused the wreck was still on the scene. I also see stupidity, but this young man, a product of Eureka schools, can't even spell watch so I don't expect much. Has his citizenship status been cleared up? "

the guy that didn't wreck isn't responsible in the slightest for the collision according to domino... "only speeding" after he waffles in the same statement. he doesn't even see it as racing...

i wonder what type of person he is and what his extra curricular activites are...
domino 21
Alameda, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#27Oct 16, 2008

I think the DA is playing to emotions not facts. I don't know any of these people. The predicate charge for the murder indictment is weak. A case like this has been successful once, in Shasta Co. I also note that the TS writer, Thad. is not big on including all the facts. So anything that involves both thad and the DA starts with 2 strikes against it.
bob
West Hollywood, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#28Oct 16, 2008

Darwin should teach a logic class to crack head preschoolers in Old Town Eureka. They might think he knows what he is talking about... Or at least until he finishes his first couple of sentences.
Look Down The Barrel
San Francisco, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#29Oct 16, 2008

If they get out, I heard they will disappear. Dead.
domino 21
Lookout, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#30Oct 16, 2008

I was pondering this and wonder if Ol' Thad is just being superior. The way he had the proffesor describe felony-murder is usually used in robberies or to sweep up co-defendents. But even then it is not murder. It's Felony-murder. Perhaps the DA did charge him with vehicular homicide, and this is a textbook example of vehicular homicide, and Thad figured we aren't bright enough to figure that out. That would be in keeping with his style of writing.

Auntie Arkley
San Lorenzo, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#31Oct 17, 2008

Both Whitmill and Flores should be put to death in a slow, painful way. Hey cops: why don't you spend more time enforcing the speed limits? People speed (and break all the traffic laws) everywhere and the police are too busy sniffing for marijuana to do anything about it. Cops: DO YOUR JOBS! Stop being wothless.
Auntie Arkley
San Lorenzo, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|#32Oct 17, 2008

domino 21 wrote:
This is a vehicular homicide not murder.
It's all just words. They did KILL the little girl, no matter what you want to call it. They are guilty of KILLING while engaging in wreckless activities that are known to cause death. So how are they innocent of MURDER? Just goes to show how corrupt and broken our courts and laws (indeed, the whole system) have become. You must be a low-life racer, or you wouldn't be defending these ****.

Thurfer Howat
Auntie Arkley wrote:
Both Whitmill and Flores should be put to death in a slow, painful way. Hey cops: why don't you spend more time enforcing the speed limits? People speed (and break all the traffic laws) everywhere and the police are too busy sniffing for marijuana to do anything about it. Cops: DO YOUR JOBS! Stop being wothless.
By all means, feel free to double what you pay in local taxes and when you (and the rest of the community) do that, then they will double the local police force. As I am more than certain you are aware, you can't churn butter with a toothpick.

Thurfer Howat
Auntie Arkley wrote:

It's all just words. They did KILL the little girl, no matter what you want to call it. They are guilty of KILLING while engaging in wreckless activities that are known to cause death. So how are they innocent of MURDER? Just goes to show how corrupt and broken our courts and laws (indeed, the whole system) have become. You must be a low-life racer, or you wouldn't be defending these ****.
So if you were to kill a little girl, doing something stupid or not, you would want to be charged with murder? Ok, so noted.

I am NOT defending them, I agree with them being charged with a maximum crime for their lack of a concern for other people, but I can't agree with your arguement.

domino 21
Tia, first off wreckless behaviorwould mean that we would not be having this conversation.;) You are implying that you have evidence that there was racing going on? You were their when the race started? I'm sure you have already presented yourself to the CHP. By the way, they, whomever "they" are did not kill the girl. She died as the result of a traffic incident. Or do believe what you read in the paper? Written by the most unproffesional writer at the TS. Do these clowns not recieve the benefit of the Constitution? Aren't they innocent until proven guilty?

Here is what is supposed to have happened. The pontiac and the ford were allegedly speeding down 299 in a 65 zone. They might have reached speeds of nearly 90 mph. They came upon a slower vehicle and the drunk in the pontiac supposedly tried to thread the needle between the to vehicles. In doing so he clipped the slower vehicle and wrecked both vehicles. The Ford left the scene, not knowing the extremity of the "accident".

Now, let's parse it a bit. Clown #1, driving the pontiac is, by all accounts a POS and is drunk as well. Clown #2 is probably what is called "developmentally challenged" and is 19 on top of that. So these two einsteins, with not a care in the world are either speeding, or are actually racing, or perhaps something more sinister is happening. We do not know. They come up to the on ramp that the Tahoe has entered from and come upon the Tahoe. I am going to assume, for the arguement that the pontiac was going close too 90 and the ford was holding around 85, or even slowing a bit.(Not that it mattered, but it does make the follwing sequence work, and would play into causing the larger vehicle to wreck. It'a physics thing.)

domino 21
OK, we have the Tahoe entering the freeway and for the sake of the argument will assume that it was at full highway speed on entering. The clown in the Ford sees this and instinctively brakes. The drunken clown in the pontiac sees two things, the Tahoe, and an oppurtunity to pass. And if indeed these clowns were racing, and were part of the "Fast and Furious" sub-culture, would have seen the opportunity to "thread the needle", like in the movies, a really cool thing to try. He's drunk remember and probably not likely to be very bright anyway. And in the movies no one gets hurt.
So Clown #1 accelerates, not grasping the closure rate, because he's drunk and stupid, and tries his best Vin Diesel move. He hits the Tahoe on the left rear and spins it out of control. This takes a chunk of his energy off and clown #2 clips him as he spins off the road. Resulting in the death of young Miss Quiggley.
Now Tia, you wished to claim this was reckless behavior. The top charge for recklass behavior is vehicular manslaughter for clown #1, the drunk one. A vehicular homicide charge would be far more appropriate don't you think? And given that this clown is a habitual offender I would have no problem with this being a capitol charge.
Clown #2 can claim that he was being chased by clown #1, or was just speeding and clown #1 tried an unsafe pass, and the mother was afraid of having a warrant and did not want to go to jail. Or he could say that the mother did clown #1 wrong in some deal and that clown #1 was chasing him and he was in fear of his life.
I do think that clown #2 was probably high during this event. While you protest that it is all just words, words have specific meanings. And charges/laws have specific areas that they are meant to be used for. Our DA is more of a politician than a professional prosecutor. He reminds me of Terrance Hallinan, a hooligan his entire life and a defense attorney prior to bing elected DA in SF. SFPD stopped going after cases because they knew they would be plea bargained away. Do you see a parallel?
If Flores doesn't collect serious time this go around he will in the next year. Let's try not to corrupt the system anymore than it already is.
The preceding is entirely my opinion based on the reported "facts".

domino 21
I find it odd that when facts are laid out that the folks that feel rather than think disapear. If this was your brain dead kid, how would you want him to be prosecuted? Remember, he spells watch, whach on his my space page. I'm sure he has a Diploma from Eureka High. This is a good reason to support our teachers union. They helped diagnose and treat this moron.?Es posible el no hable mucho ingles? Pero el estaba en Eureka escuelas por anos. So he must speak english, correct?

green eyes
i'm so sorry for this families loss. people need to pay for the loss of this little girls life. it does not matter if he intended to set out to kill someone, he chose to be an idiot on public roadways and now cost a little child her life and her families lives. this is horrible. i hope and pray people learn a lesson from this. my heart and prayers go out to this famuly.

Auntie Arkley
Thurfer Howat wrote:

By all means, feel free to double what you pay in local taxes and when you (and the rest of the community) do that, then they will double the local police force. As I am more than certain you are aware, you can't churn butter with a toothpick.
What are you trying to say?

Auntie Arkley
Thurfer Howat wrote:

So if you were to kill a little girl, doing something stupid or not, you would want to be charged with murder? Ok, so noted.
I am NOT defending them, I agree with them being charged with a maximum crime for their lack of a concern for other people, but I can't agree with your arguement.
What is so noted? I didn't answer your question, idiot.

It wouldn't happen, but if I killed someone while engaging in some wreckless activity that is known to be dangerous, then yes, I should be charged with murder. Just because you wouldn't take responsibility for your actions, doesn't mean I wouldn't.

Auntie Arkley
domino 21 wrote:
I find it odd that when facts are laid out that the folks that feel rather than think disapear. If this was your brain dead kid, how would you want him to be prosecuted? Remember, he spells watch, whach on his my space page. I'm sure he has a Diploma from Eureka High. This is a good reason to support our teachers union. They helped diagnose and treat this moron.?Es posible el no hable mucho ingles? Pero el estaba en Eureka escuelas por anos. So he must speak english, correct?
Wow! Whose brain-dead kid are you?

domino 21 wrote:
This is a vehicular homicide not murder.
It's all just words. They did KILL the little girl, no matter what you want to call it. They are guilty of KILLING while engaging in wreckless activities that are known to cause death. So how are they innocent of MURDER? Just goes to show how corrupt and broken our courts and laws (indeed, the whole system) have become. You must be a low-life racer, or you wouldn't be defending these ****.

Thurfer Howat
Auntie Arkley wrote:
Both Whitmill and Flores should be put to death in a slow, painful way. Hey cops: why don't you spend more time enforcing the speed limits? People speed (and break all the traffic laws) everywhere and the police are too busy sniffing for marijuana to do anything about it. Cops: DO YOUR JOBS! Stop being wothless.
By all means, feel free to double what you pay in local taxes and when you (and the rest of the community) do that, then they will double the local police force. As I am more than certain you are aware, you can't churn butter with a toothpick.

Thurfer Howat
Auntie Arkley wrote:

It's all just words. They did KILL the little girl, no matter what you want to call it. They are guilty of KILLING while engaging in wreckless activities that are known to cause death. So how are they innocent of MURDER? Just goes to show how corrupt and broken our courts and laws (indeed, the whole system) have become. You must be a low-life racer, or you wouldn't be defending these ****.
So if you were to kill a little girl, doing something stupid or not, you would want to be charged with murder? Ok, so noted.

I am NOT defending them, I agree with them being charged with a maximum crime for their lack of a concern for other people, but I can't agree with your arguement.

domino 21
Tia, first off wreckless behaviorwould mean that we would not be having this conversation.;) You are implying that you have evidence that there was racing going on? You were their when the race started? I'm sure you have already presented yourself to the CHP. By the way, they, whomever "they" are did not kill the girl. She died as the result of a traffic incident. Or do believe what you read in the paper? Written by the most unproffesional writer at the TS. Do these clowns not recieve the benefit of the Constitution? Aren't they innocent until proven guilty?

Here is what is supposed to have happened. The pontiac and the ford were allegedly speeding down 299 in a 65 zone. They might have reached speeds of nearly 90 mph. They came upon a slower vehicle and the drunk in the pontiac supposedly tried to thread the needle between the to vehicles. In doing so he clipped the slower vehicle and wrecked both vehicles. The Ford left the scene, not knowing the extremity of the "accident".

Now, let's parse it a bit. Clown #1, driving the pontiac is, by all accounts a POS and is drunk as well. Clown #2 is probably what is called "developmentally challenged" and is 19 on top of that. So these two einsteins, with not a care in the world are either speeding, or are actually racing, or perhaps something more sinister is happening. We do not know. They come up to the on ramp that the Tahoe has entered from and come upon the Tahoe. I am going to assume, for the arguement that the pontiac was going close too 90 and the ford was holding around 85, or even slowing a bit.(Not that it mattered, but it does make the follwing sequence work, and would play into causing the larger vehicle to wreck. It'a physics thing.)

domino 21
OK, we have the Tahoe entering the freeway and for the sake of the argument will assume that it was at full highway speed on entering. The clown in the Ford sees this and instinctively brakes. The drunken clown in the pontiac sees two things, the Tahoe, and an oppurtunity to pass. And if indeed these clowns were racing, and were part of the "Fast and Furious" sub-culture, would have seen the opportunity to "thread the needle", like in the movies, a really cool thing to try. He's drunk remember and probably not likely to be very bright anyway. And in the movies no one gets hurt.
So Clown #1 accelerates, not grasping the closure rate, because he's drunk and stupid, and tries his best Vin Diesel move. He hits the Tahoe on the left rear and spins it out of control. This takes a chunk of his energy off and clown #2 clips him as he spins off the road. Resulting in the death of young Miss Quiggley.
Now Tia, you wished to claim this was reckless behavior. The top charge for recklass behavior is vehicular manslaughter for clown #1, the drunk one. A vehicular homicide charge would be far more appropriate don't you think? And given that this clown is a habitual offender I would have no problem with this being a capitol charge.
Clown #2 can claim that he was being chased by clown #1, or was just speeding and clown #1 tried an unsafe pass, and the mother was afraid of having a warrant and did not want to go to jail. Or he could say that the mother did clown #1 wrong in some deal and that clown #1 was chasing him and he was in fear of his life.
I do think that clown #2 was probably high during this event. While you protest that it is all just words, words have specific meanings. And charges/laws have specific areas that they are meant to be used for. Our DA is more of a politician than a professional prosecutor. He reminds me of Terrance Hallinan, a hooligan his entire life and a defense attorney prior to bing elected DA in SF. SFPD stopped going after cases because they knew they would be plea bargained away. Do you see a parallel?
If Flores doesn't collect serious time this go around he will in the next year. Let's try not to corrupt the system anymore than it already is.
The preceding is entirely my opinion based on the reported "facts".

domino 21
I find it odd that when facts are laid out that the folks that feel rather than think disapear. If this was your brain dead kid, how would you want him to be prosecuted? Remember, he spells watch, whach on his my space page. I'm sure he has a Diploma from Eureka High. This is a good reason to support our teachers union. They helped diagnose and treat this moron.?Es posible el no hable mucho ingles? Pero el estaba en Eureka escuelas por anos. So he must speak english, correct?
green eyes
(blank)
i'm so sorry for this families loss. people need to pay for the loss of this little girls life. it does not matter if he intended to set out to kill someone, he chose to be an idiot on public roadways and now cost a little child her life and her families lives. this is horrible. i hope and pray people learn a lesson from this. my heart and prayers go out to this famuly.

Auntie Arkley
Thurfer Howat wrote:

By all means, feel free to double what you pay in local taxes and when you (and the rest of the community) do that, then they will double the local police force. As I am more than certain you are aware, you can't churn butter with a toothpick.
What are you trying to say?

Auntie Arkley
Thurfer Howat wrote:

So if you were to kill a little girl, doing something stupid or not, you would want to be charged with murder? Ok, so noted.
I am NOT defending them, I agree with them being charged with a maximum crime for their lack of a concern for other people, but I can't agree with your arguement.
What is so noted? I didn't answer your question, idiot.

It wouldn't happen, but if I killed someone while engaging in some wreckless activity that is known to be dangerous, then yes, I should be charged with murder. Just because you wouldn't take responsibility for your actions, doesn't mean I wouldn't.

Auntie Arkley
domino 21 wrote:
I find it odd that when facts are laid out that the folks that feel rather than think disapear. If this was your brain dead kid, how would you want him to be prosecuted? Remember, he spells watch, whach on his my space page. I'm sure he has a Diploma from Eureka High. This is a good reason to support our teachers union. They helped diagnose and treat this moron.?Es posible el no hable mucho ingles? Pero el estaba en Eureka escuelas por anos. So he must speak english, correct?
Wow! Whose brain-dead kid are you?

Darwin
domino, you know that the accident occured in the westbound lanes and it happened just before the giuntoli interchange, right? so did the tahoe "just enter" from north bank road or were they driving down the wrong side of the freeway? and where did the damage from the mustang come from?

Thurfer Howat
Auntie Arkley wrote:

What is so noted? I didn't answer your question, idiot.
It wouldn't happen, but if I killed someone while engaging in some wreckless activity that is known to be dangerous, then yes, I should be charged with murder. Just because you wouldn't take responsibility for your actions, doesn't mean I wouldn't.
Big surprise you didn't get my point. You use the name "Arkley" and you call me the idiot? lol

Auntie Arkley
Thurfer Howat wrote:

...and you call me the idiot? lol
Your writing proves it.

So what was your point? Did you have one?

And "lol" is soooo cute! What, are you 12 years old?

Stumpy
Auntie Arkley wrote:
And "lol" is soooo cute! What, are you 12 years old?
I swear, anybody that uses LOL anymore should be taken out and..

Stumpy
That and the Stupid Smiley Face :)
So freakin' 90's.

Thurfer Howat
Not my fault you people are in the dark ages....ROTFLMAO

And yes, I did have a point and it's obvious I am wasting time trying to explain that to you.

Have a nice day :D

Darwin
Stumpy wrote:
That and the Stupid Smiley Face :)
So freakin' 90's.
lol :)

HCDAZAJKE
my prayers go out to the family for their loss. I my self was a victim in a similar situation. My boyfriend and i were involved in a motorvehicle accident less than a minute from our house. We were traveling on his suzuki street bike. A young lady stated she had her turn signal on and she stated that for whatever reason, she thought that my boyfriend sped up to try and pass her turning into her drive way. Long story short the highway patrol stated the girl to be found at fault. Involuntary manslaughter with great bodily harm. If the highway patrol report wasnt enough evidence, about a month past the accident two witnesses to the accident came to my boyfriends parents house. Very upset and feeling enough guilt to come and let the family know that the girl of the vehicle had lied about her statement. She in fact was not turning into her driveway but instead hoped into her van and carelessly backed out of her driveway and with no time to react, we collided with her van. NOTHING WAS EVER DONE!SHE MOVED OUT OF THE AREA AND GOES ABOUT HER NORMAL LIFE. I WENT TO THE DA'S OFFICE ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT OCCASIONS BEGGING THEM TO AT LEAST GIVE US A COURT DATE. SHE WAS FOUND AT FAULT, WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON??? ITS BEEN 19 MONTHS AND STILL NO WORD, NOTHING. AND THE MOST DISAPPOINTING THING ABOUT ALL THIS... MY FAMILY WORKS FOR THE SHERIFFS DEPT. JUSTICE OR POLITICS??? THIS SYSTEM IS A JOKE~

Stumpy
Darwin wrote:
lol :)
You are so asking for it!
Oh yeah, the "Darwin" folks.
Totally 90's. More worn out then
my poor tired shoes.

mrs
all of u people need to shut ur mouth unless u were there

***
***
Related:
09
Whitmill and Flores trial date delayed another month 08/04/2009
Whitmill, Flores take District Attorney's deal 12/05/2009
Jury selection begins in trial of Whitmill, Flores 11/23/2009
Whitmill, Flores trial to proceed 11/10/2009
Motion denied to suppress blood sample in Whitmill case 11/06/2009
Whitmill faces murder charge for alleged role in crash 10/15/2008
Quigley family, friends remember 9-year-old Nicole 10/06/09
Nearly one year ago 10/01/2009
Case surrounding fatal crash on Highway 299 delayed 09/15/2009
Too many delays 9/10/09
Legal maneuvers slow case of men charged in 9-year-old's death 09/01/2009
Whitmill and Flores trial date delayed another month 08/04/2009
Evidence, charges unchanged against Whitmill 07/17/2009
Evidence for second degree murder charge? 06/19/2009
Thinking of the Quigleys 05/29/2009
Remember Nicole 05/08/2009
Looking forward: Quigley family watches and waits as case continues 05/17/2009
Defendants in 299 wreck plead not guilty 03/28/2009
Judge holds Whitmill, Flores to answer for 299 wreck 03/14/2009
Wife refuses to testify against husband at preliminary hearing 03/13/2009
Investigator testifies suspect in fatal crash changed story 03/12/2009
Officer testifies about 299 crash at prelim 03/11/2009
Preliminary hearing over Highway 299 wreck continues 03/10/2009
Superior Court delays hearing in 299 crash case 02/11/2009
Broken system 01/23/2009

08
Hug your children 12/03/2008
Vehicular manslaughter suspect has extensive criminal history 11/13/2008
Whitmill-Flores hearing continued 11/06/2008
Street race case waiting on CHP reports 10/23/2008
Authorities seek Mustang passenger for questioning 10/17/2008
Court document: Flores tried to 'subvert' investigation 10/16/08
Whitmill faces murder charge for alleged role in crash 10/15/2008
Authorities arrest driver of Mustang 10/10/2008
New driver named in fatal collision 10/09/2008
Search continues for other driver in fatal crash 10/08/2008
◼ ER Parolee named as driver in fatal collision
◼ TS New driver identified in fatal crash
◼ TS New driver named in fatal collision
TS Update: ☛ TS Police still looking for driver
◼ TS Driver sought: Suspected drag race on 299 results in fatal crash

Note: there were other articles in the Eureka reporter, but none are available online anymore.