Pages

7.21.2007

A public records act request?

This looks to me like a public records act request, faxed to Gallegos, never responded to. It is posted on Lisa LaDeRoute's CourtTV message board:

rstruecrime01
Member
Registered: Feb 2006
Location:
Posts: 38
Hi Kbp:

Lisa has been swamped with stuff at work and home, so she has asked me to forward this faxed letter she had sent to the DA of Humboldt County and Deputy DA who was handling her case. Both men - DA Paul Gallegos and DDA Worth Dikeman are currently running for the District Attorney of that county. Hope this will help some.

"Please accept this as my formal written request in trying to obtain information regarding my sister Andrea LaDeRoute's case, which occurred on 3/17/80. When I spoke with you last July, you informed me that you had been reviewing the case, so therefore I am presenting this request to you as prosecutor assigned to Andrea's case.

"I have repeatedly requested information, verbally and in writing, regarding the status of my sister's case for the past twenty-four years. However, I have still not received any written information, such as the final disposition on the arrest and arraignment of John A. Annibel, who was extradited from Denver, Colorado, in April 1980. I recall making a sworn statement in front of Judge Buffington, and approximately a dozen others who were there, in which my statements were recorded. I am asking at this time that I receive a copy of that court document as well as the final disposition from the April arrest and discharge and any transcripts from the questioning . (See public record docket #G36893). I also wish to have other public documents provided for me.

"I would also like copies of the transcripts generated while I was under hypnosis, as was requested and performed at the District Attorneys Office. At the time, I was told I would receive copies fo the transcripts. To date, I have yet to see them.

"Additionally, I would like to be informed in writing why I am not entitled to specific information such as reviewing the coroner's files on Andrea. Since the recovery of my sister's remains, I realize that her case has been re-evaluated, and as such, I am requesting a written dispostion of her case. Please respond to my request by December 6, 2004. I understand that you are busy, but according to penal codes, all felony cases of serious crimes have precedence over other criminal and civil cases.

"I am requesting the information as the sole representative for my sister, Andrea, the homicide victim, pursuant to the following California Penal Codes and statutes.

"Pursuant to Penal Code 1118.10 (d) - as used in this section, final disposition meaning an ultimate termination of the case at trial level including, but not limited to the dismissal, acquittal or imposition of sentence by the court.

"Pursuant to CA Penal Code 1315.1 - When this section is one of dismissal, the disposition report shall state a reason to that effect.

"I appreciate everyone's efforts in working on my sister's case, and I understand that it has become a very complex case. However, I hope you can appreciate that I have been very patient waiting for information, including whether or not charges will ever be filed.

"Respectfully,

Lisa ....."



Neither DA Gallegos or DDA Dikeman ever responded to this letter. It seems like under law, they were mandated to do so, but I'm not sure about this. This, and other letters, phone calls and faxes, from Lisa, have been ignored by the Humboldt County DA's office.

Hope this helps some.

Robert Scott

No comments: