Pages

10.02.2007

Where are the Greens? The Dems?

See, Shunka, they don't care about you. Right now you are not useful. If you were they would use you. But the tree-sitters have outlived their usefulness. There's bigger money in the new, more litigious models, like "Baykeeper." Those of you with the high ideals were willing and useful tools to be discarded once they have been played out. It's kind of disgusting, and kind of sad. If they did care, the five grand would be nothing. Just look at what they must be spending on hte "Baykeeper" office in Old Town. They bought him a brand new Boston Whaler so he could take KPIX reporters out on "tours" of the bay. A nice new office, banks of computers, you think? New weapons. Leaving you in the dust.
***

Hello friends!

This is one of those times when we could really use your help!

I've been doing everything I can to keep the North Coast Earth First! Media office up and running, tabling every day possible, and I'm getting really exhausted trying to make ends meet.

Please, if you want to see the North Coast Earth First! office continue to exist, send some support now.

Where are the Greens? The Dems?

Operating this office for a full year could be done for $5,000.

I know that this is a small amount for many organizations, and, seriously, I've been thinking of shutting this office down if some serious support doesn't come through soon.

Other organizations operate on budgets in the hundreds of thousands of dollars; we could do our thing here on five thousand, yet we're lucky to get pocket change.

We're not a 501(c)3, so we don't qualify for most of the grants offered by mainstream organizations, so PLEASE, if you can help, I'm nearing the end of my rope on this project.

Seriously, folks, if you want to see the North Coast Earth First! movement continue to have an office to work and organize out of, we need some real support. I know that times are tough for most of us, yet I also know that the funds are out there, floating around from hand to hand, and that we could do SO MUCH with SO LITTLE.

$5,000 for an annual budget is very humble, I believe, and few people would be willing to work for an entire year for such a pittance, yet I am willing to maintain this office, WITH NO PAY, as long as the basic costs are covered.

PLEASE, folks, pull on whatever strings you have...I had to put in $50 of my own hard-earned money, just today, to cover some NCEF! Media bills, which leaves me with about $20 to live on. So now the EF! account has about $4, and I have about $20, and I feel like I'm drowning in this project, so please do whatever you can to help, before I decide to throw in the towel.

NCEF! Media needs a liferaft, and I need a break from non-stop tabling!

You can go to our website to make an online donation via PayPal, at
http://www.northcoa stearthfirst. org/NCEFdonation s.htm
or you can send 'em via snail mail to:
NCEF! Media
920 Samoa Blvd., Ste. #221
Arcata, CA 95521
Thanks for your interest in North Coast Earth First!

The tree-sits are still ongoing, and we're doing everything we can to support and promote them, which is why the NCEF! Media office exists.

Nobody gets paid, it's 100% volunteer, which means that 100% of your donation goes directly to supporting direct action, which includes keeping this office going as a support and media center. Please help if you can!

Forever Wild,
Shunka Wakan
North Coast Earth First! & NCEF! Media

No comments: