Poor Ken, just can't give it up...
Moore jury needs answers
Article Launched: 01/09/2008 01:15:31 AM PST
The jury, and the public, need answers in the Cheri Moore killing:
* If the reason for storming her apartment was the threat of a fire from a flare gun, why was a command center established in harm's way below her apartment rather than across the street?
* Why were residents on Ms. Moore's floor not evacuated, and why were some refused exit?
* Why was the fire chief not consulted to deploy his crew?
* Why was a ballistics expert not consulted to determine that a flare projectile travels very slowly, is easily extinguished, and cannot penetrate body armor or face masks?
* Why were available ballistic shields not employed?
* Why did the officer with non-lethal weaponry not deploy his distracting weapon, and why was he third in line to enter?
* Why did SWAT not bring a fire extinguisher?
* Why was tear gas not used (EPD excuse that the window was open is not credible)?
* Why did the SWAT team storm the apartment during a “time-out” in the negotiations?
* Why did Rocky Harpham shoot from panic rather than tackle her?
* Why did the commanding officers not evacuate, secure the area, deploy fire crew, and utilize Ms. Moore's friends or relatives to wait her out and negotiate?
* What was the rush, given that no uncontrollable emergency existed?
* Why aren't the shooters also indicted?
It appears that EPD negligently provoked her, endangered her neighbors, and killed her with a panicked SWAT team.
Ken Miller, MD